Some businesses believe that they need to invest hundreds of dollars in a paper shredder for their company. While this may be the case for some companies, it isn’t the case for all. There are several good paper shredders that can be purchased for under $100. It doesn’t make sense to spend $1000 on a paper shredder if you don’t require the unique features on a high-end paper shredder. Before purchasing any shredder, you should remember some key considerations.
What is your security level? Not every company has papers containing sensitive information that need to be shredded into tiny bits of confetti. And even among those that do, it is not necessary to have a high security paper shredder at every desk or in every office. Many companies will keep their high security shredder in a central location, and will have standard cross cut or strip cut paper shredder for general use.
The volume of use is another good consideration. If you’re only shredding dozens or even hundreds sheets of paper in a day, then a $100 or less shredder will be more cost effective than a high volume paper shredder that can shred thousands of pages a day. The amount of paper that a paper shredder can destroy at a time is also something to consider. If you shred documents that are six pages or less, then spending $100 on a low volume paper shredder makes more sense than spending $800 on a shredder that can destroy 2—30 page documents.
Here are four of the best paper shredders for under $100.
- GBC SC032 Paper Shredder – The SC032 Paper Shredder by GBC is available for $58.69. It is a desk side paper shredder that is perfect for light office or home use. The SC032 Paper Shredder is a low-volume strip cut style shredder that can shred six sheets of paper at a time. The blades can handle shredding any standard-size paper, and can even handle destroying plastic cards, like expired credit cards or ID cards. The SC032 Paper Shredder has a four-gallon bin, which is a good size shred bin that does not need to be emptied often depending on your shredder usage. The GBC SC032 Paper Shredder is easy to use and requires minimal maintenance.
- Fellowes P-35C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder - The P-35C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder by Fellowes can be purchased for $65. Fellowes has a reputation for high performance and durable office equipment, so this is a real deal. The P-35C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder is cross-cut style low volume paper shredder that can shred up to 5 sheets of paper into tiny 5/32″ x 1-1/2″ particles. So it is a good choice for people that want added security at a bargain price. The P-35C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder has a compact design, so it will fit easily at a desk in a business or home office.
- Fellowes W-11C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder – The W-11C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder by Fellowes retails at $83. This is a paper shredder for under $100 that is designed for more rugged home office or business office use. The W-11C Cross-Cut Paper Shredder has a 9 inch shred opening that can handle shredding 11 sheets of paper at a time. This cross-cut paper shredder has a Level 3 security ranking, which means the shred particles are smaller than lower level printers. This will appeal to those who are concerned with protecting their or their clients’ private information.
- HSM Compact Multishred Shredder – The Compact Multishred Shredder by HSM can be purchased for $93, and is the most versatile shredder that can be purchased for under $100. The Compact Multishred Shredder is a cross-cut shredder that can destroy 8 sheet stacks of paper with each pass. It is a Level 3 security shredder that is able to turn paper and also thin plastics into tiny bits. This includes laminated sheets of paper, floppy disks (assuming you’re still using them), credit cards, and ID cards. It’s compact design makes it ideal for individual use at home or at the office.
Each of these quality paper shredders can be purchased at OfficeZone.com. You can find Office Zone’s entire line of paper shredders here.
- Paper Shredders: Strip Cut or Confetti?
- Paper Shredders Rated
- Cross Cut Shredders – Your Best Choice For Destroying Documents
- Paper Shredders: Facts You Should Know
- Top 10 Best Office Paper Shredders 2011
This entry was posted on Thursday, September 15th, 2011 at 10:27 am and is filed under Paper Shredders, Tips and Suggestions. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.